The ESS Study Center, located in 464 Sears Building, offers a comfortable learning space incorporating wireless computing and workspace flexibility to allow for customized workshops, small group activities, individual research and study. Printing is available for students through the nearby WEPA printer. The Study Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and other times by appointment.
Helpful study center staff are there to answer your questions about our systems. Although targeted toward undergraduate students, the Study Center is open to the entire CWRU campus community.
Laptops are available for your use inside the Learning Center with a valid CaseOneCard. The following list of frequently asked questions includes a list of available software.
- Who can borrow a laptop?
- The laptops can be borrowed by faculty, students and staff. Community members may not borrow laptops, but may use the desktop computers
- What is required to borrow a laptop?
- You must present an up-to-date student or faculty/staff CaseOneCard. Your card will be held at the staff desk while you are using a laptop.
- Can I print from the laptop?
- Yes. You can print to the Print2Sears printer, which is in the hallway between Sears and Nord.
- I need my CaseOneCard to use the Print2Sears printer. How will I do that?
- Take the laptop to the Learning Center staff. They will hold it without shutting it down while you use your ID to retrieve your printing.
- Are there any restrictions on laptop usage?
- Yes. There are restrictions on installing software and running applications from removable media such as CD, DVD and flash drives.
- What should I do if I want to save my work?
- It is highly recommended that you save your work to a flash drive or to your Google Docs. Nothing saved to the laptop will be available after you return it to the staff desk.
- Will the laptop's battery be fully charged when the unit is loaned?
- We will do our best to give you a fully charged laptop. If you see that the battery is getting low, return it to the staff desk to get a recently charged laptop.
- What if I damage the laptop or lose it?
- By checking out an ESS laptop, you accept responsibility for its care and safe return to ESS. Should the laptop be lost or damaged due to negligence or misuse, you may be required to pay any repair cost over those covered by the warranty up to the replacement cost of $1000.
- What software is available on the laptops?
- The following software is available on the ESS laptops:
- Internet Explorer
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
- Remote Desktop Connection
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Publisher
- MS Access
- MS OneNote
- MSOffice Picture Manager
- Acrobat Pro 9
- Acrobat Distiller 9
- Illustrator CS5
- InDesign CS5
- Photoshop CS5
- Premiere Pro CS5
- Origin 8.1
- Wolfram Mathmatica