Recruit With Us
A successful campus recruiting program includes taking time to build relationships that ultimately yield excellent hires. The most successful organizations are those who are on campus often and over a long period of time. Students, faculty and staff know them and refer other students to them.
Career fairs, employer information sessions and the on-campus interviewing (OCI) program are three integral pieces of your organization's campus presence. This core can be enhanced by additional activity:
- Be our expert resume reviewer! The Career Center offers drop-in consulting hours Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Pick a day to come to campus: we'll promote your visit to your target audience.
- Serve on a panel or facilitate a workshop. Share your interest with us and we will contact you as opportunities arise.
- Connect with student clubs and organizations. We can recommend groups based on your goals and introduce you to an officer when classes are in session.
- Host an intern through the Practicum Program. When you give a student a great learning/work experience, the student becomes an ambassador for your organization!
- Host an open house or tour of your facility. Offer students a chance to see your location and meet key people within the organization.
- Fully utilize your CWRULink account. Consistently post your open positions. Complete your company profile and include links to your Facebook and Twitter accounts, YouTube videos and more. View resume books and contact students and alumni whose qualifications interest you. Report new hires. The more you use the system the harder it works for you.
- Advertise in The Observer student newspaper. This student-run newspaper circulates 5,000 copies most Fridays during the academic year.
- Encourage alumni at your organization to join the Alumni Career Network. Alumni volunteers conduct informational interviews or host students for job shadowing. Encourage CWRU alumni at your organization to sign up here.
- Involve current interns or alumni in your efforts where possible. Whether it's as career fair attendees, info session presenters, or open house greeters, interns and other recent grads can help prospective candidates feel more connected to your organization.
- Share your goals. We can best help you when we know what you are trying to achieve.
If you have questions about any of the above or would like our assistance with your presence building events, please call 216.368.4446 or email email@example.com.