So You Want To Work In Thwing Center
The following information has been compiled for students who are interested in working in Thwing Center. This information is designed to give you an idea of the process for applying for work in Thwing Center and what we are looking for in our student employees. Thwing Center's greatest resource are students! Our student employees are very important members of our staff. Please review the following information and thank you for your interest in Thwing Center.
Thwing Center has a variety of vacancies available for the upcoming 2013 school year. If you are a responsible student, self-motivated, and have a desire to work in Thwing Center we are looking for you. Work-study hours preferred. No experience is needed we will train however, if you should have any additional skills please list as they relative to the position for which you are applying. Sumbit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- Thwing Center Weekend Manager: (one position available) The Student Weekend Managers report directly to the Thwing Center Night Manager. They are responsible for the operation and security of the entire Thwing Center in the absence of the Thwing Center full-time staff. The Student Weekend Manager is responsible for the overall operation of Thwing Center, including the opening and closing of the Center, setups and breakdown of tables, chairs, AV, supervision of special events and light cleaning. Other duties as assigned. Flexible hours within the following schedule:
- Saturday 4:00 pm – 12:00 midnight
- Sunday 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Sunday 6:00 pm – 12:00 midnight
- Thwing Center Building Associate: (one position available) This person would be responsible for routine cleaning of the entire building to ensure that Thwing Center is ready for opening. Position reports to the Night Manager of Thwing Center. This would include cleaning of the halls, stairs, meeting rooms, Atrium, 1914 Lounge, Ballroom, and restrooms. Hours are from 9:00am - 12:00pm and return at 12am, the shift ends at 3am. 1 day with a total of 6 hours per week on Sundays. MUST have work study.
- Thwing Center Setup Team: (one positions available) They are responsible for setting up and breaking down of AV equipment, tables, chairs for meetings and other events. Must be able to carry or move 20 pounds. Light cleaning and other duties as assigned. The team reports directly to the Night Manager. MUST have work study.
What we are looking for in our employees
One of the goals of Thwing Center Administration is to provide services of quality to the University community. Whether you are setting up a meeting room for an event, or answering the telephone in the office, you represent Thwing Center and Case Western Reserve University. If you make a good impression on the customer, you have helped us meet a very important goal.
- Be service oriented
This means being helpful and courteous. It's important that you are the kind of person who will smile and be pleasant even when you are having an off day. You should be a friendly person who gives the customer or visitor your undivided attention.
- Be flexible
You should make every effort to fill in when someone is ill. It creates a positive atmosphere when employees are willing to help each other out.
- Be prompt
Thwing Center is a very busy place, one late employee can cause many problems. If you report to work promptly, you contribute to the smooth operation of the Center.
- Be responsible
Your duties require a large degree of responsibility. We expect that you will meet all your responsibilities with enthusiasm.
- Be neat
Remember that you represent the University when you are working. We want you to project a favorable image
Your work schedule will be assigned at the beginning of each semester and will remain in effect until the end of the semester. Scheduling in Thwing Center is centered around your class schedule. Hours are available in the afternoons, evenings, and on weekends. This flexibility will help you maintain a suitable work and class schedule.
The most important quality we look for in our student employees is a willingness to serve people. If you have a genuine desire to go the extra distance to help someone else, you are just who we are looking for here in Thwing Center.
Types of Jobs at Thwing Center
A variety of jobs are available at Thwing Center. Please check back for vacancies in the following positions:
- Student Office Assistant: General responsibilities include making facilities reservations, answering telephones, filing and running campus errands. Reports directly to the Operations Coordinators.
- Setup Team: Responsible for setting up and breaking down audiovisual equipment, tables, and chairs for meetings and other events. Light cleaning and other duties as assigned. Reports directly to the Night Manager.
- Student Weekend Managers: The Student Weekend Manager is responsible for the overall operation of Thwing Center for weekends, including the opening and closing of the Center, setting up and breaking down of audiovisual equipment, tables, and chairs for meetings, supervision of special events and light cleaning. Reports directly to Night Manager.