The Career Center hosts two career fairs each year. The events are open to all CWRU students and alumni and attract up to 1,000 participants from all majors and degree levels across the university.
For more information about registering, please contact the Recruitment Coordinator at 216.368.6648
University Career Fair
The larger of our two career fairs, this event kicks off the fall recruiting season.
- Thursday, October 3, 2013 - 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Veale Athletic Center
Register Here for University Career Fair.
Get Experienced Career Fair
This is a smaller, more "boutique" event held each year in February. The emphasis is on internships, co-ops and other forms of experiential learning, though we welcome employers who are recruiting for full-time professional positions as well.
- Thursday, February 6, 2014, 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Adelbert Gym
2013-14 Registration Rates
Registration includes one 6-foot table, admission, continental breakfast, lunch, and parking for up to 2 representatives.
||Early-bird (by August 9)
||Standard (by September 20)
Up to 4 extra reps may be added for $50 each. Access to an electrical outlet may be added for $50.
The Partners Program provides admission to the 2013 University Career Fair and the 2014 Get Experienced Career Fair, with enhanced visibility at these events, as well as presence building opportunities throughout the academic year. Some of the benefits enjoyed by Career Center Partners include:
- Admission, breakfast, lunch and parking for fall and spring Career Fairs
- Prime table placement at fall and spring Career Fairs
- Special recognition on Career Center website, marketing materials and Employer Guides
Each package has additional benefits—please contact Assistant Director Laura Papcum at 216.368.4446 for details.
Due to the urban nature of the campus, parking is limited, carpooling is encouraged, and early arrival is imperative. Career Fair parking is available at:
- Veale Garage (S-53), next to Veale Athletic Center
- Severance Garage (S-29), about 1/4 mile away
- Garage near the Village at 115 on East 118th Street (S-46), about 1 mile away.
Volunteers will be in the turnaround on Adelbert Road between the Veale Garage and the 121 Fitness Center between 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. Employers may pull up to drop off materials, and volunteers will deliver items to tables. Employers may then park and return to check in. Shuttle stops are located across Euclid Avenue from Severance Center at the Visitor's Center and just outside the parking garage at S-46. Career Fair participants should exit the shuttle at the Adelbert Gym/121 Fitness Center, which is near Veale Athletic Center.
Information for campus visitors.
Employers may ship career fair packages to the Cedar Avenue Service Center (CASC), where they will be held until the Career Fair. Please do not ship Career Fair materials to the Career Center. The Career Center is unable to confirm the receipt of your package at the CASC, so please keep your tracking information. Packages shipped to the CASC before noon on Tuesday will be delivered to the fair venue and placed beside your table. Clearly mark all packages with your organization's name and the number of packages (1 of x). Packages that are not clearly marked with your organization's name may not be delivered. The Career Center cannot be held responsible for packages that are not clearly marked with your organization's name. Reductions in mailroom delivery staff mean that late packages will not be delivered in time for the Career Fair. The Career Center cannot be held responsible for packages that arrive after noon on Tuesday.
Ship your items to:
Cedar Avenue Service Center
Attn: Henry Hill, Career Fair
10620 Cedar Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44106
Return shipping is handled exclusively through FedEx.
Employers are responsible for providing their own return shipping labels and calling FedEx for pickup.
Those using FedEx Express will have their materials picked up from Adelbert Gym on the evening of the Career Fair and should use the following return address:
Case Western Reserve University
2128 Adelbert Road
Cleveland, OH 44106
Those using FedEx Ground will have their materials picked up from the Career Center on the business day following the Career Fair and should use the following return address:
Sears Library Building, Room 206
Case Western Reserve University
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106
OCI Friday Interviews – Friday, OCTOBER 4, 2013, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Due to the popularity of our OCI Friday program, we have made additional space available. These options will give you the opportunity to connect with Case Western Reserve University's bright, talented students for post-career fair interviewing. Please note that you must be registered for the University Career Fair in order to reserve space on OCI Friday.
- Space with easy access to interview CWRU students beginning at 9 a.m. and concluding by 5 p.m.
- The ability to create your own interview schedule based on resumes you collect at the career fair – you can schedule candidates during the career fair or contact candidates immediately following
- The flexibility to interview candidates in time increments that suit you best - most organizations choose 30 or 60 minutes; when setting up your schedule you choose when to have breaks and lunch
- Career Center staff to manage candidate check-in and direct candidates to a waiting area
- Coffee, tea, and water throughout the day
- All space is bought and paid for via credit card at the time of reservation. No invoices will be sent.
Option 1 – Public Shared Space
- Rent a table in shared space within 310 Nord. Cost is $45 and includes one table, two chairs for up to two interviewers, and one chair for the candidate.
- There is no limit to the number of tables you may buy for your organization. The only limitation is room capacity.
- Please, only one candidate interview at a table at a time.
Option 2 – Private Space
- Rent a private interview room in the Career Center. Cost is $90 per room and includes a table, two chairs for interviewers, and one chair for the candidate.
- Up to nine rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no limit on the number of rooms an organization may purchase.
- Please, only one candidate interview in a room at a time.
No refunds are available. Use of private interview rooms in the Career Center is available at no cost during the Fall On-campus Interviewing period, Monday, Monday, October 7 – Friday, November 15.
Parking in campus garages costs approximately $1 per half hour or about $10 per day, payable in cash only. Most organizations reimburse recruiters for parking costs. Veale Garage and Severance Garage are the public parking areas nearest the Career Center.
Most recruiters eat on or near campus, though some bring a lunch. The Career Center will provide a campus map and list of nearby options in your check-in materials. As with parking, most recruiters are reimbursed by their organization for the cost of a meal.
Questions about the Career Fair may be directed to Emily Perry, Recruitment Coordinator, by email or at 216.368.4446.