The Career Center sponsors two general on-campus career fairs—one during the fall and the other during the spring semester. Our events are open to current and former CWRU students. As a research institution, we will host employers seeking to hire candidates at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
2012-2013 CWRU Career Fairs
- University Career Fair: October 4, 2012
- Get Experienced! Internship and Career Fair: February 7, 2013
Benefits of Attending
When you attend a career fair, you will learn about jobs and meet with employers who are hiring. The career fair is a great opportunity to learn what employers need.
Regardless of your major, year in college, or future goals, there are numerous benefits to attending a career fair. Career fairs provide opportunities to:
- Get first-hand information about a company/organization from a representative. You're likely to get more valuable and accurate information from an employee than you could ever get from a web site.
- Make a positive and lasting impression with employers. Begin to establish your professional image by distinguishing yourself from other candidates.
- Effectively practice professional communication with recruiters and other future colleagues.
To get you ready, we've provided some tips on preparing for a career fair.
Use the employer guides below to help research employers and identify companies/organizations attending on-campus career fairs. Create a prioritized 'Must Meet' list of companies/organizations you wish to visit during the fair since you may only have a few minutes with each employer.
Career Fair Employer Guides
Meet the Accountants Breakfast Employer Guides