This summer, our youth camp will be held June 5 to July 7, 2017. Times of operation are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Participants can be dropped off as early as 7:30 a.m. and aftercare is available.
2017 Registration Info
Participants will be involved in:
- Swimming (required)
- Track and Field
- Flag Football
- Dance Aerobics
- Weight Training
- Math and Science
- Reading and Writing
- Nutrition and Personal Health
- Career Opportunities / Job Responsibilities
- Civics Education
National Youth Sports Program
The National Youth Sports Program (NYSP) at Case Western Reserve University provides an enriching five-week summer camp experience that combines sports activities, educational enrichment, nutrition and health services to more than 500 economically disadvantaged Greater Cleveland youth age 10 to 16 years old.
The program provides a positive learning environment for youth in the critical preteen and early adolescence years, when learning patterns are defined. The program's objectives include:
- expanding sports-skill opportunities for youth from low-income families to improve physical fitness and promote an active lifestyle
- helping youth acquire good health practices
- acquainting students with career and educational opportunities by providing experienced personnel and quality facilities from a renowned institution
- providing a safe environment to play, learn and grow
The National Youth Sports Program at Case is much more than just a summer sports camp; it is a total experience that combines fitness, fun and learning. During the five weeks of camp, youth participate in sports programs to improve their physical fitness and health habits. Participants also gain information about career choices and learn a great deal about academics on the university campus.
All youth receive free physicals and free meals, both of which reinforce concepts of good health for life. For many participants, this physical is the first time that they have seen a doctor that has identified serious health issues.
Visit our registration page to learn more about registration, orientation and session dates.
For more information, please contact Dennis Harris, NYSP Project Administrator at at 216.368.4843 or e-mail.
- 1970: NYSP is founded. NYSP celebrates 47 years on the campus of CWRU.
- 1993: Received a Special Recognition Award from NCAA
- 1997: Awarded Most-Improved Camp
- 2000: Project Administrator: Dennis L. Harris won the Student Affairs Staff of the Year Award
- Enrollment: 500 Boys and Girls ages 10-16
- Staff: 15.5 to 1 ratio (students to staff)