Unity Banquet 2017
The annual Unity Banquet & Scholarship Dinner celebrates the academic accomplishments of underrepresented students and graduating seniors at Case Western Reserve University. The evening also serves as an opportunity to recognize future students and Case community partners.
SPECIAL GUEST: Consuelo Castillo Kickbusch
Army Veteran, Author & Educator - Born and raised along the border in a small barrio in Laredo, Texas, Consuelo Kickbusch overcame poverty, discrimination, and illiteracy to set records and become the highest ranking Hispanic woman in the Combat Support Field of the US Army. In 1996, she was selected out of 26,000 candidates to assume a command post, which would put her on track for the rank of general officer. She respectfully declined the honor and retired as a 22-year veteran of the US Army to fulfill her mother's dying wish – for her to return to her roots and become a community leader. In realizing her dream, she founded Educational Achievement Services, Inc. with a mission to prepare tomorrow's leaders.
This year, the Unity Banquet will celebrate its 27th year on Friday, April 7, 2017.
The banquet will be held at the Executive Caterers at Landerhaven. Seating begins at 6:30 p.m. and the program will begin promptly at 7 p.m.
Online registration is not yet open.
This event has been made possible in the past through generous partnerships with our
- African American Alumni Association
- Alianza Latinx Resource Group
- Alumni Association
- Career Center
- Center for International Affairs
- Division of Student Affairs
- Dominion East Gas
- First Year Experience
- Flora Stone Mather Center for Women
- Greek Life / Interfraternity Congress / Panhellenic Council
- Office of Inclusion, Diversity, and Equal Opportunity
- Office of Residence Life
- Office of the Provost
- President's Advisory Council on Minorities
- School of Medicine Student Affairs & Medical School Faculty
- Robert Haynie, MD, PhD, Associate Dean
- Lynda Montgomery MD, Associate Dean
- Steven Ricanati, MD, Associate Dean
- C. Kent Smith, MD, Sr. Associate Dean of Students
- Social Justice Institute
- Undergraduate Admissions
- Undergraduate Studies
- Weatherhead School of Management