Departmental Strategic Goals
Through a SWOC analysis process, departments identified issues which became the foundation for the departmental three-year goals.
When converting critical issues to goals, departments considered the following:
- Not all of the issues were able to be addressed simultaneously.
- Priority ranking among the issues needed to be established.
- In setting the priorities, the following were key considerations taken into account:
- Centrality to department’s mission and vision
- Extent to which impacts/demonstrates fundamental (core) values
- Pervasiveness in terms of impact on range of divisional goals
- Urgency in terms of both time and impact
- Cost of addressing
- Public visibility value (students, faculty, staff, administration, etc.)
- Extent to which additional information is required
- Extent to which other departments are addressing the issue