SAGES Peer Writing Crew
The SAGES Peer Writing Crew assists undergraduate students at any stage of the writing process, whether generating ideas, composing a first draft, revising, or responding to an instructor's comments.
- One-to-One Tutoring.
- Crew members meet with students individually at several locations across campus, including Wade Commons, KSL, SAGES Cafe, and ESS. You can make an appointment through TutorTrac at least 24 hours in advance of your visit or try for a walk-in appointment during office hours.
- Email Dropbox. email@example.com
- Submit your paper electronically and ask for a Crew member's feedback. Just send your paper as an email attachment, along with (1) the complete prompt from your professor, (2) the due date for the paper, and (3) a note telling us which elements of the paper we should focus on. Do you want help with your thesis, organization, sentence structure, grammar, or something else? Please type your full name in the subject line and include it in the attachment as well. We usually respond to papers in 24-48 hours, but if the dropbox is full, we may need more time.
- Check Out Our Writing Guide!
- For the next best thing to an appointment, check out the Crew's online handbook, Beyond Typing: The Students' Guide to Writing. As you will see from the table of contents, the guide offers advice on every stage of the writing process, answering the questions that students most often ask about writing successful academic papers.
The Crew now has a page on Facebook! Become a fan of our page to receive updates from the Crew.