Summer Student Housing 2017
Thank you for your interest in summer housing. We are excited that you will consider spending your summer in Cleveland and at CWRU!
To be eligible to live in CWRU summer student housing, you must be a CWRU undergraduate student registered for one of the following sessions: spring, summer, or fall 2017. (You do not have to be registered for summer classes.) May 2017 graduates are eligible for summer housing.
Occupancy is available for the entire summer, or for one of the summer class sessions:
- May Term: May 12- June 4
- 4-week session (1): June 3 -July 2
- 5-week session: June 3- July 9
- 8-week session: June 3 -August 2
- 5-week + 4-week session: June 3 - August 6
- 6-week session: June 17 -August 2
- 4-week session (2): July 8 - August 6
- Entire summer: May 28 - August 6
CWRU undergraduate students interested in short-term housing (other than the summer sessions listed above) should contact the Office of University Housing at 216.368.3780 or email@example.com to discuss their summer housing options.
All others must apply for guest housing and must be affiliated with the university or other educational program:
- CWRU graduate students, alumni, faculty, and staff
- CIA, CIM, and Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine students
- Affiliates of University Hospitals or other University Circle institutions
Accommodations will be available for all students Tippit which is in the South Residential Village and Village at 115, House 1, and 2, in the North Residential Village.
Students will be able to sign up for a summer meal plan in conjunction with Sodexo Food Services that is operated at the University Hospitals Cafeteria or University Hospitals Einstein Bros. Bagels (off the atrium). More information about the summer meal plan is available here!
Application and Assignment Process
Applications will be available in late March
Applicants must select the period of occupancy, including any transition periods, and accept the summer residence hall agreement when the application is completed. Building and roommate preferences also can be submitted, though Housing cannot guarantee that all requests can be fulfilled.
For students whose fall assignment is in a summer housing building, Housing will attempt to use the same room for the summer assignment wherever possible.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the summer. Students requesting the 6 week or 4 week (#2) housing session may be notified of their assignment approximately 2 weeks before that session begins.
Students will be able to submit summer housing roommate requests online at MyHousing. Guidelines for roommate requests are as follows:
- Create your roommate group by entering in each person's summer housing application number and authorization code
- Your roommate request can contain two to six individuals.
- You are not guaranteed to be the only individuals living in your room/apartment
- Housing reserves the right to fill the open spaces in your room/apartment
- Coeducational groups must completely fill the apartment
Summer housing assignments will be made based upon lifestyle characteristics and building preferences listed on the housing application, and roommate requests submitted online. Students will be notified of their summer housing assignment towards the end of April.
Nursing students - spring and fall intensive course
Nursing students will receive specific emails from University Housing regarding the process for housing and room rates.
I would like to live on campus for Summer 2017 and...