In-Building Laundry Rooms
CWRU provides washing machines and dryers in each residence hall.
The cost of laundry is included in your room rate, so it is easy to do laundry day or night.
Residents can take advantage of the 20 lb. capacity washers with front loading instead of the less efficient top-loading system.
These machines save 14 or more gallons of water per load, reducing the quantity of detergent required to wash clothes.
The dryers feature large capacity drums for hefty loads of laundry and lint filters for easy cleaning.
Using the Washer
- Load the washer with clothes and detergent.
- Select the cycle type on the machine(s).
- The washer will start and display the time remaining.
Using the Dryer
- Check the lint trap and make sure it has been cleaned.
- Load the dryer with clothes and dryer sheets as desired.
- Select the proper fabric type on the machine(s).
- The dryer will start and display the time remaining.
LaundryView allows you to monitor the status of washers and dryers in connected laundry rooms through a web browser.
Help manage your time by viewing statics about when the machines in your building are usually used.
You can request to be alerted when your load is completed or when a machine is available and view reports on us
What if I am having a problem with a washer or dryer?
To report a problem, fill out a maintenance request form in myHousing.
Be sure to include the machine number in your maintenance request to help the repair technician respond faster.