Frequently Asked Questions

Who is qualified to rent the Manor House?

Any person who is a current student, staff or faculty member; and alumni of Case, as well as non-profit organizations with a CWRU Sponsor.

What types of events are held at the Manor House?

The Manor House hosts events relating to university business as well as private events for the Case Western Reserve University affiliated community.

Is there a rental fee for the Manor House?

Yes. The Manor House rental fee varies depending on the event. Fees can range between $100 to $2,500, depending on the group affiliation, type of event, day of the event, and more.

What is the Manor House capacity?

The Manor House can host events up to 80 people(cocktail style event). The largest room in the house seats up to 65 guests for a seated dinner.

What is the process for renting the Manor House?

Please contact the farm office at 216.368.0274. We work on a first-come, first-serve basis and rent only one year in advance. In order to reserve a date, you must sign a copy of the Manor House rental agreement, pay a security deposit of $200, and receive a written confirmation from the Manor House Administrator.

What are the hours of operation?

The Manor House is open from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday for events. Clients can choose a rental period of up to 9 hours within this time-frame.

How can I view the Manor House?

The Manor House is shown by appointment only. Please contact the farm office at 216.368.0274 to schedule an appointment.

What is the process for catering an event?

The Manor House provides a list of preferred caterers and asks that you select a catering group from this list. The caterers on our preferred list have worked successfully at the Manor House for many years. Outside caterers are not permitted to serve at the Manor House.

Do you allow alcohol at the Manor House?

Alcohol is permitted at the Manor House in accordance with university/state guidelines. Alcohol may be purchased by client (with select caterer's knowledge) but must be served at designated bar station by catering staff. Please refer to the Farm Alcohol Use Policy for more information.

Can you recommend a florist or musician for events at the Manor House?

The Manor House provides a list of recommended vendors who have worked successfully at the Manor House on many occasions. With the exception of caterers, clients may bring in vendors that are not on the recommended list; however, the vendors on our list are familiar with the property and are respectful of our facilities.

What about parking?

For events with more than 50 guests, the Manor House requires valet parking. Valet parking costs extra, and is in addition to the rental fee. For more information, please contact Chris Albu at All-Star Valet, 440.446.1095 or NOW Valet Service at 216.749.7755 or email

Can the Manor House accommodate groups of more than 80 with a tent?

Although small tents may be set up on the 20-by-30 patio front entrance, it does not increase the capacity of the house. Farm Administration approval is required for larger tent requests. Larger tents do not increase max House capacity.

What does the rental fee include?

The rental fee includes exclusive use of the facility and immediate grounds for a reservation period of up to 9 hours. We provide clients with room setups inside the house-using the event tables and chairs available-to include seating for up to 65 guests (cocktail style event over 65 guests seating (no tables) and 5 cocktail tables set up inside House.. The Manor House has a magnificent wood-burning fireplace, a great room large enough to seat 65 guests, three additional breakout rooms, a finishing kitchen, parlor, and changing room.

What additional expenses might I incur, in addition to the rental fee and catering expenses?

Valet parking and licensed childcare must be provided for appropriate events, at the client's expense. All other vendors, which may be selected and paid for by the client, may include florists, musicians, photographers, audio/visual rentals, tenting, and service rentals.