Housing Requirement Releases

All first- and second-year unmarried undergraduate students of the university who do not live with their parents within 40 miles of the university must live in a residence hall and participate in one of the board plans. The university acknowledges the diverse needs of students and therefore reserves the right to grant permission to live off-campus when it is judged to be in the best interest of the individual student. Students who seek this permission must receive written approval from Housing.

Living off-campus will result in a significant change in the need-based grant-in-aid portion of your financial aid package. While your cost-of-attendance budget will reflect the actual cost of living off campus, the need-based grant-in-aid portion of the financial aid package will be determined on the same basis as that of a commuter student. Please contact the Financial Aid Office to check on your financial aid package.

IMPORTANT: If you know you are going to be living off campus, you should not participate in room selection. If you choose a room, you will not be released. Your next opportunity for a release will be for the spring 2019 semester.

I am requesting a release because...